This weekend (11th, 12th and 13th April) sees the return of the UK’s largest property exhibition to the NEC in Birmingham. I believe that if you are serious about your property investing your should regularly attend these industry events to build you knowledge, contacts and keep up with the latest trends in the market.
Unfortunately most people who visit these shows collect lots of information and glossy brochures which they never look at once they get home and finally decide to throw out the bags of information after then have been tripping over them for several months. Those investor who diligently wade through the mass of paper often end up more confused about where and how to invest than before they attended the show. So to help you get the most out of these useful shows here are my top 7 tips;
1) Before you attend any exhibition have a good look at the website to see who is exhibiting and who is speaking at the event. Decide in advance who you want to see and why and put them onto a short list.
2) Arrive early at the show and plan to spend the whole day their as it may take a long time to get round all of the people you want to speak to.
3) When you arrive at the show pick up a show guide and have a quick look through to see if anyone catches you eye who you need to add to your shortlist.
4) Visit the people on your shortlist first to make sure you see them all then if you have some spare time walk around the entire show to see who else may be of interest to you.
5) Attend some of the educational seminars to build our knowledge. Take notes, ask questions and don’t be afraid to go up to the speaker after their seminar to ask specific questions that you would like answering.
6) Hang around some of stands and talk to other experienced investors to build your contacts and knowledge. Make sure the people you spend your time with are also investors and not just sales people.
7) Once you get home after the show makes some notes about who you need to contact, what you need to do and actions you need to take to make sure you get maximum benefit from your time investment.
If you decide to come to the show this weekend, make sure you come and visit the property investors network on stand No. 660. There will be members of my personal power team such as mortgage brokers and solicitors who will be happy to give you any advice or help you need.
My good friend Jim Haliburton (who is the No. 1 HMO expert in the UK) and I will be giving a number of seminars over the weekend. To get full details of our seminars and to get half price tickets just click on this link here:
I look forward to seeing you at the weekend,